Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2016

The 100 Guava Days

Why oh why?!? 

I first encountered the term "The Hundred" during one of my barre3 class where we need to do toe taps while in all fours for 100 times, it was an extreme glute burner and yes it was also one that I dread! Recently I joined a reformer pilates class in Options Studio and learned that "The Hundred" was a term coined in one of pilates' known moves where you hold the exercise for about 100 beats. I've been trying Guavapass for 3 months now and I've always wanted to write a review of all the class that I take to give other peeps an idea how it is, also I've been wanting to challenge myself to do something good for my body, the idea of "the hundred" + "Guavapass" + "self-challenge" and the desire to help other people to maybe start or inspire them to do their own "the hundred" is why I'm writing this blog. Note that this is not a paid blog whatsoever. I just want to write and share my experience :)

What is Guavapass? 

It's the coolest thing that happened to fitness ever! But seriously, this is an app that provides members unlimited access to multiple Gyms and Fitness Studios for a monthly fixed rate, well the "unlimited" part has a bit of a catch though, you can only attend 3 classes for each studio per billing cycle, and that 3 classes resets itself every cycle whether you used it or not, at the time of this writing there are about 40 studio members so if you have some kind of super power you can technically take 120 classes per month. 

Why GuavaPass? 

I actually used KFIT first before Guava came along but they changed their policy from unlimited to only 10 classes per month and although they have more studios, I get more classes from Guava from where I live, I actually also contacted KFIT to ask them why some classes are available to Guava and not to KFIT on some studios where they are both part of, not to say anything against KFIT, I think it’s also cool and if you’re the kind of person who would not use more than 10 classes per month, then this should be good too since it's a lot cheaper than GuavaPass. KFIT charges 999 per month for 10 classes and GuavaPass charges 2999 per month for unlimited classes per month. KFIT also offers activities other than fitness like Spa, Beauty Salons, etc. so it’s really a matter of preference. One good thing I love about KFIT is that they are barre3 partner and they also offer barre3 classes for a fee. 

The Plan 

I live in BGC so to be able to attend the class on a daily basis, I have to choose studios that are in BGC or Makati, so I made out a sample plan of what I will take on a weekly basis, however it doesn't necessarily follow that I can stick to it 100% because sometimes the classes that the studios offer changes or I'm too tired or lazy to get my butt up and do some HIIT or extreme exercises so I'll just either cancel them or take "lighter" classes . Btw, I do not have an exact amount of time where I'm planning to finish my 100 Guava Days because well, life! I have work and travel every now and then too so I could not commit to let's say, finish it in 4 months or 5, but my personal goal is to finish it within 6 months :) 

Here's a sample plan:


Let's Roll!

So before I start, I have completed about 50 Guava Days before, so my counter will start from 51 :) This is a screen grab from my GuavaPass Account:



No comments:

Post a Comment